Don’t take your skin for granted!
Did you know that your skin is your body’s largest organ? It’s your protective barrier, filter and helps regulate your body temperature. So it pays to take care of it! We’ve got a few tips to help you do just that…
• Our skin changes with every season. With the cooler weather setting in you might find that your skin gets a little drier or dehydrated, so don't forget to moisturise daily.
• Do you find that your skin is better at certain times of the year? You could change your skin care routine to suit the season. For example, use a non oily moisturiser in Summer, while in Winter, when there is less moisture in the air, you might find an oil based moisturiser works well.
• Are chapped lips a problem for you in winter? A rich moisturising lip balm that includes vitamin E or coconut oil can help. You might even find that a lip balm that includes tea tree oil can help with painful cracks.
• Do you leave your makeup on overnight? If you do, your pores can become clogged, and this can cause a skin reaction - like pimples. Cleaning your makeup off before bed is the best option. Takes 2 mins and your skin will be happier for it!
• Is your skin ready for spring? Our skin changes with the seasons, and as the weather warms up your skin is likely to produce more oils and sweat. Adjusting your skincare regimen will help you prepare for the warmer weather ahead. Don't forget to include a foaming face wash for removing dirt, oil and sunscreen. While using a toner will help to keep your pores clear, and a daily moisturiser with a low or no oil content and with SPF will help keep your skin hydrated.
• Don’t just take care of the skin on your face! Don’t forget the rest of your body and also focus on areas that might be more of a problem than others, such as knees, elbows or your hands.
We’ve also got some product suggestions to help you take care of your skin…