Keep your skin happy in winter!
The drop in temperature, cold winds, low humidity and indoor heating can cause your skin to dry out, so it’s important to take care of your skin even in winter. We have a few suggestions to help keep your skin happy in the colder months…
• With our hands and feet hiding from winter in gloves and socks, it's easy to forget to take care of them. If your hands are getting dry in winter, try moisturising your hands and feet at night. You could even pop on some gloves or socks during moisturising.
• In winter it's not only our skin that needs hydration, our nails do too. Use hand cream, and when applying make sure you include your fingernails as this helps prevent cracks and brittleness.
• To keep your nails healthy it pays to protect them, for example using gloves when cleaning, which will help prevent dry nails and also reduce exposure to chemicals or detergents.
• In winter don’t forget your lips! Pop on some lip balm to help avoid chapped, dry lips.
• It may be winter, but your skin can still get sun damage. Even when you’re visiting the snow fields. So don’t forget to apply sunscreen every day, as the clouds won’t stop UV rays coming through.
• While your skin needs hydrating in winter, don’t forget that so do you. So remember to drink water!
Amcal can help you with your skincare needs…